Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Okaloosa
Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 6:05 AM CDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2015
1159 PM CDT Fri Apr 17 2015
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through Sunday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of Alabama... northwest Florida and southeast
Mississippi... including the following areas... in Alabama...
Butler... Choctaw... Clarke... Conecuh... Covington... Crenshaw...
Escambia... lower Baldwin... lower Mobile... Monroe... upper
Baldwin... upper Mobile... Washington and Wilcox. In northwest
Florida... coastal Escambia... coastal Okaloosa... coastal Santa
Rosa... inland Escambia... inland Okaloosa and inland Santa
Rosa. In southeast Mississippi... George... Greene... Perry...
stone and Wayne.
* Through Sunday evening
* what and where... the potential for flash flooding will continue
across the region through Sunday. Showers and thunderstorms
capable of producing 2 to 4 inches or more rainfall in a brief
period of time will periodically develop and move across the area.
* Impacts... possible Road closures. Local creek flooding... as
well as water flowing over roadways will develop in areas that
receive the highest rain.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Stay tuned for further updates from your National Weather Service
... High rip current risk remains in effect through Saturday...
* timing... tonight through Saturday.
* Impacts... dangerous swimming conditions can be expected due to
the presence of stronger and more frequent rip currents.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Maine - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Maryland - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory